Friday, May 9, 2008

Camping Tips


The new issue, May 2008 is out! Take a look here, there are some wonderful articles!
We are so very blessed as homeschool moms to have the encouragement and wisdom from other moms who are willing to share their experiences.

Today is our last day of school for the year and we are pretty excited! This means we can concentrate on spending more time planning our summer activities. One of our favorite activities is spending time together camping.

Our first camping experience was many years ago when my oldest was about two years old. We decided to tent camp and had such a fun time but it was also very overwhelming. It took several years before we decided to try it again.
Camping can be a lot of fun but it can also be a lot of work for mom, who is usually the one who plans, prepares, and works on making it a fun trip for everyone! We all learn from experience, anyone with me here? We've been camping for several years and I've learned that planning ahead is the key to having a fun, relaxing, and exciting trip.
First thing is to make a Camping Checklist. You can find free printable lists online to help you in packing food, suupplies, first aid, etc. This is a MUST for beginners as well as experienced campers. As many times as we've camped I always forget something!
Listed below are a few websites I've found helpful.

Love the Outdoors

Family Camping Gear

free-camping-recipes

Free Camping Tips

Beginner Camping Tips



For our family camping is a great way to relax and get away from the daily routines which sometimes make us crazy and cranky. We love being outdoors and making precious memories with the ones we love.
If you are thinking of camping this year, and I hope you will, take the time to do a little research on the internet, library, or your favorite bookstore before you take the plunge. Also, if you are an experienced camper you can always learn something new to help you and your family have a better camping experience.
Happy Camping!

2 comments:

Cake and Cam said...

Oh you sweet, sweet friend...thank you for posting this list. I ran across one last year and now I know just where to go to find my list!!

I was actually going to ask you for some tips since you camp more than we do (so far). We can talk more about it Tues. if you come to Art.

Have a wonderful Mother's Day!

B.

Denise C said...

Well..all I can say is if you let Chelsi tag along...then I hope you have a U-haul rented for just her suitcases! hee-hee!
You know how my girl packs....she leaves no room for mistakes because she brings everything she owns! ha!
Have a wonderful Mother's Day my sweet friend!!!!
Love you !!!