Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!!!
I am very thankful for my precious family!!
I spent the early part of the day with my mom, sister, and aunt celebrating my mom's birthday today!! Happy Birthday Mom!!
We shopped at the mall and had lunch at her favorite restaurant, The Olive Garden....yahoo!!! She and my aunt ate Chicken Fettuchine and my sister and I ate spaghetti and meatballs. Amazingly good!! What a great time we had.
Looking forward to spending the day with my family tomorrow for Thanksgiving Dinner!! Today I made our amazing Cranberry Salad and my husband's favorite banana pudding.
God Bless you all!

Cranberry Salad

1 can Jellied cranberry sauce
2 boxes raspberry jello
3/4 cup crushed pineapple
1/2 cup chopped pecans

*Mix the can of cranberry sauce and jello together, add 1 cup boiling water and then 1 cup cold water, stirring with whisk.
Add nuts and pineapple,(reserve the juice from pineapples)
stir and pour into a 13 X 9 inch pan or two small pans
Place in the refrigerator to gel.

Cream Cheese Topping
When the salad has jelled add topping
Mix together the
8 oz. cream cheese
&
1 carton cool whip with 1/4 cup sugar
If too thick add a little of the pineapple juice to thin
so you can spread without tearing the jello.




No comments: