Thursday, January 6, 2011

Theme for 2011

The view from my window today
The past few days I've been thinking about choosing a word or theme for the new year. This year has been one filled with many changes for our family. Although change can be difficult we are growing and learning during the process. As we continue to face changes I am faced with challenges this year. So, to start off the New Year of 2011 my word choice is WISDOM.
"For the Lord gives wisdom; from His mouth come knowledge and understanding; He stores up sound wisdom for the upright; He is a shield to those who walk upright; He guards the paths of justice, And preserves the way of His saints."  Proverbs 2: 6-8
I'm praying for wisdom in many areas of my life but the main area which clearly needs addressing at the moment is wisdom and strength to be more wise in the use of our finances. Some areas which need addressing NOW are planning ahead. We will begin with menu planning and grocery shopping. There are some pretty awesome blogs that have been very helpful as I've began this journey.
It takes a lot more time and energy but I'm sure by using wisdom and discernment this will be worth the time and energy! God is good and He will give me all that I need to help our family during this time.


2 comments:

Lindah said...

Wisdom. A good choice. May God grant you his peace and joy on this new part of your journey. "The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him." Nahum 1:7

Your snow photo is so pretty. My DH says he misses snow. Maybe one day we will return to snow country.

Blessings,
Linda

Debbie J said...

Yes, Wisdom is a good theme! I need it too. Mine is consistency.