Monday, June 9, 2008

Beautiful Berries



Gorgeous yummy sweet strawberries! My dad brought me these beautiful berries today and they are so sweet!
I made strawberry freezer jam a couple of weeks ago so we will be eating these and I'm sure they won't last long. For as long as I can remember we always bought strawberries this time of year when I was growing up. My grandmother always made freezer jam and also bagged them in the freezer with a little sugar for a special treat in the winter. Oh, such sweet memories!! I usually don't make as much as grandma did but I try to make a little to keep this little family tradition going.
We are pretty much staying inside since we are having 94 degree heat here in our part of the world.
Today I have been cleaning, washing clothes, organizing and picking up the house inside. Good day to stay inside.
Have a nice day!

3 comments:

Kat said...

Hi. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. For a new blogger such as myself, that is a real treat! :)
And I'd be glad to be added to your friends list.

I scrolled down and saw your post on the new pup, Ellie. Our beloved Corgi of 12 years was named Ellie, too.

And finally, on the berry front I hope to make not a strawberry post, but a blueberry post soon. We have one very large bush that produces enough for my family of 4 to last about a year. In another few weeks, the kids and myself will be pickin' those berries.

Thanks again for stopping by :)

Sarah Mae said...

Nice to meet you! I'd rather do a great many things than clean, but I sure feel great when my house is in order - I know it's a haven for my family (and myself!) Nice to "meet" you!

Denise C said...

OH yummy!!! Those berries look scrumptious! Hum.....now I could have had some of those tonight huh??? Instead I chose to play with Ellie! hee-hee!
OH well....Miss Ellie is pure sweetness too!!!
Thanks for treating my little gal like one of your own! She loves you all!
Talk to ya tomorrow!