Friday, April 9, 2010

My Favorite Soup

Easy Cheesy Potato Soup

With the weather a bit rainy and cool I thought today would be a good 
day for my easy cheesy potato soup. We love this soup with 
those easy freezer rolls you can pop out of the freezer and bake while
still frozen. How easy is that?!!!

Ingredients :
1 Box Augratin Potatoes
1 lb. Velveeta Cheese
1 can corn or 1 cup freezer corn
3 cups water and cheese mix from box
1 can Ro-Tel tomatoes
1 onion chopped
2 to 3 cups milk

1. Bring 3 cups water to boil, cook potatoes until tender.
2. When potatoes are cooked place in crock-pot adding cheese mixture, stir
3. Cut the Velveeta cheese in cubes and add to potatoes
4. Add corn, onions, and 2-3 cups milk, 
Cook 2 to 3 hours, STIRRING OCCASSIONALLY. 
I add the tomatoes last, about 5-10 minutes before serving. In the past when I added it with the rest of the ingredients my soup came out kinda lumpy and curdled.  This has helped and the soup is thick and creamy.


 

No comments: