Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Standing on His Promises




 The morning is warm....unusually warm for this time of year. As I made an early morning trip to the grocery my windows were rolled down. By the time I made it home and had started our day it began to rain. More rain.... by noon it began to storm. Thunder, high winds, lightning....yikes!
Cozy and snug inside our warm home I was watching the terrible storms outside our window. Thanking God for a nice warm home....a refuge from the storm outside. Earlier the news had given a tornado watch for our area but I was so busy with my plans that I hadn't gave it much thought. Until the wind and rain whirled outside. Thankfully the storm subsided by late afternoon. The creek across from our house is loudly bustling with rocks today from the rain....but the SUN is shining so brightly today! What a glorious sight!

Lately there have been a few storms that have came up in my life similar to the storm yesterday.
One day life is calm....then out of nowhere come those situations that cause our lives to be turned upside down.
Today I'm praising God for is protection, guidance, and peace He gives during these times.

I must PURPOSE in my heart daily to BELIEVE GOD!!
Standing on His PROMISES!


"The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; The God of my strength, 
in whom I will trust; my shield and the horn of my salvation,
my stronghold and my refuge; my Savior, You save me 
from violence. I will call upon the Lord who
is worthy to be praised. So shall I be saved
from my enemies."
2 Samuel 22:2






No comments: