Thursday, October 30, 2008

A Mother's Prayer

This poem caught my attention today and I wanted to share it with other mothers, especially those with younger children. I remember well the days when my children were young and I was so tired, mentally and physically, calling out to the Lord! May the Lord continue to bless each one of you!

A Mother's Prayer

Please help me raise these precious little one for You. Often I fail and I need Your wisdom and direction to face this grave responsibility.
May Your love and patience shine through me as I teach, train, and discipline like You would have me to do. Help me to not grow weary in correcting. Oh, at times the thought of more discipline discourages me. I long for a loophole out of it. I want to be consistent even when I don't feel like it. When I'm tempted to let it slide, O Lord, at those times do bless me with Your loving direction.
Teach me how to teach our precious little ones about You. Help me teach from sunrise to sunset. I count this my privilege-- my wonderful privilege.

Help me to be a mother who is a living example of our little ones. Help me grow in You. Allow me to show them how You are by my meekness, kindness, longsuffering, diligence, contentment, forgiveness, fruitfulness, honesty, humility, dependability, generosity and loyalty. Help me to be committed to showing them my deep trust in You.
Help me submit to my husband--their father. Help me love, honor, bless, and admire him too. As they grow older, help that same love and admiration to flow toward You--their Heavenly Father.
For all these things, Lord, I need Your help. I cannot do it on my own strength. Thank You for all these dear little children You have blessed us with.

~Your Unworthy Servant



1 comment:

Samantha said...

Thank you for this. It's beautiful, perfect.
Amen, amen, amen.