Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Chicken Casserole

Grandma's Chicken Casserole

I'm sure everyone has their own recipe for making chicken casserole but I think my mom's is the best. I thought I'd give it a try so I made a huge dish for our youth at church tonight.

6-8 pieces boiled chicken tenders, torn in small pieces
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 - 1 1/2 cans broth from chicken
Peppridge farm cornbread dressing mix
Cornbread - Optional

1. Mix the two cans of cream of chicken soup with 1 can of water, thin if needed. Add enough to a casserole dish to cover the bottom.
2. If you would like to add cornbread to the stuffing you can do so now. I usually don't prepare my cornbread ahead and don't take the time but it's delicious if you do add the cornbread.
3. Add a layer of dressing mix on top of this and then the chicken pieces.
4. Repeat layers until all ingredients are used.
Bake at 350 degrees about 30 - 40 minutes.

No comments: