Thursday, September 17, 2009

Women of the Word

Today I'm praising God for the precious women He has placed in my life. It is during the many seasons of my walk with the Lord that they have given me such Godly wisdom. Reading God's word is very important but he also uses those people He has placed in our lives to lead, teach, and guide us in the smallest of life's situations.
So many times when I've been discouraged, tempted, and headed- in -the- wrong-direction, the door of FRIENDSHIP has opened with one of these precious women standing there to guide me through.
I only hope and pray that the Lord will often look down and see that He can use me to help others in a special way that only He can see. Many times we can't see how we have been any help to others but God knows our strengths better than we do. Now that my children are not so "little" any more I have more of an opportunity to reach out to others help.
My desire is to use God's precious Word as a guide for each and every day in all that I do. In order to put this into practice I must pray and ask my heavenly father for that strength and help each day.
Thank you Lord for all the special "Women of the Word" you have placed in my life!!
God is so Good!!

1 Peter 2:1-3

"Therefore, laying aside all malice, all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and all evil speaking, as newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the word, that you may grow thereby, if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is gracious."

1 comment:

randi--i have to say said...

Amen to this! My A.M. running partner has been encouraging me through some tough things lately. She doesn't tell me what I want to hear, but rather what I need to hear. That's why I go to her! God is so good!

Randi

I have to say...