Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year
















Wishing everyone a Happy New Year!
I really love the idea of a new start and new beginnings. I have made a personal list of goals for this year and I hope to have them completed and may post them soon. Looking back on 2007 I am so very blessed to have a happy and blessed year. We are going into 2008 with anticipation for what the Lord has in store for all of us.
My oldest daughter is looking forward to starting her second semester of college and eager to begin horseback riding lessons. The only thing she wanted for Christmas was a pair of boots to wear while taking the class.
She's also looking into going away for the summer on a mission trip. We're all praying with her about this decision.
The youngest daughter has started back school since our Christmas break and looking forward to winter activities we are planning like ice skating with our home school group and skiing soon. She enjoys her art lessons more than anything at the moment. She is very talented and loves to draw, especially her favorite animal, the penguin.

Yahoo, we have snow! We are so excited to see the beautiful flakes coming down last night but we were surprised to see it snow all day today! I took a few pictures to share.
The temperatures are a drastic change, dropping to 21 degrees today. At least we can wear our warm winter coats and new boots we got for Christmas.

My cozy kitchen is the place where I do all my crafting, sewing, scrapbooking, etc. since we don't have room in any other part of the house. The past few days this little kitchen has seen lots of scrapbooking going on as I try to get my pictures organized and put into the scrapbook. I finished another page today and plan to put it away and replace it with my sewing machine. I love to sew when it's cold and snowy so I thought I'd begin today. My plans are to get the queen size quilt sandwiched together and pinned. I've also got a plan for a new handbag I have been planning.


1 comment:

Denise C said...

Happy New Year to you my sweet friend! I've missed you!

I am looking forward to getting back into our regular routine and get some projects started as well.

The snow was simply beautiful!! I love your pictures!

Take care and I'll see you Tuesday (Ice Skating)!