Friday, February 22, 2008

The Civil War Diary Quilt


The Lord is my strength and song, And He has become my salvation;

He is my God, and I will exalt Him.

Exodus 15:2




After reading so many blogs about this wonderful book I've decided to order it for myself. I surely don't need another project at the moment but I am very anxious to use this in our homeschooling to teach my daughter more about quilting history and the Civil War. We love history so this will be exciting! Thanks to all my quilting friends who have shared the progress of their blocks using this book. They are all so beautiful.
Take a look at Liberty Star Farm to see what I'm talking about, her blocks are fabulous!

God is go good and I would like to share that my dad is doing very well. He is still very weak but we are working on making sure he is eating well and the doctor suggested drinking Carnation Breakfast drink 2-3 times a day. He has lost a lot of weight and his blood pressure has been low so we are keeping a close eye on him. We have a doctor's appointment today at the blood doctor so we will be out and about today. He lost around 6-8 pints of blood during the emergency surgery and his platelets were very low so they are keeping an eye on this also. Praise God for His healing power, not only physical healing but emotional and spiritual!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So glad you decided to join in on the fun, and what good news about your dad. The Lord takes care of us in so many ways.